Friday, February 13, 2015

Tercera semana!

    This week has been muy interesante pero también muy cansado! I learn a lot in 4 hours and then follow it up with a few hours of tarea. I am continually impressed with Mark's Spanish and so thankful that he can swap stories and jokes with our host family and help us get around! I learn from listening and throwing my dos quetzales in when I can. These three weeks have given me a great start to learning this language!
     Mark had probably his cheapest week of living ever since the homestay alone, including Alejandra's amazing meals, cost him just $65. Without classes, he's been able to apply for summer internships (even without power all day on Thursday). Thank goodness we have a few more months of fun before heading back to reality!
     Alejandra also gave us a lesson in tortilla making. She pat-pats these every day and has probably made a million in her lifetime. Needless to say, it wasn't as easy as it looks. 


We also did some trip planning for Argentina and finished helping JC update his Tripadvisor site. Hopefully it helps him attract business in the future!
    I'll include a few tuc-tuc photos since these zippy little vehicles are quite a sight. It truly boggles my mind why they deck out the front window, almost to the point they can barely see!
Mark behind the wheel of a tuc-tuc... scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment