Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Mark's Minute: Scuba Day

While Suzy took a day off after the strenuous hike, I decided to add two more dives to my scuba log book. At 8 am, Serenity Dive School speed-boated me to Buccamont Bay (where Suzy and I had snorkeled already) to meet up with four other divers. Since my last dive happened four years ago, they kindly reminded me of some scuba basics. The first 60 ft. dive had some strong currents. To my dismay, towards the end of the dive, I struggled through some buoyancy issues. I realized that I should have added some extra weight to my belt. The second dive was much calmer at 50 ft. and the added 2 lbs. gave me perfect buoyancy. We saw spotted goat fish, blueheads and ocean surgeon fish. When I arrived at the hotel at 1 pm I couldn't wait to shower and take a nap. I always forget how draining two hours under water can be. Suzy and I wrapped up the night with a beautiful sunset and some local food from down the street. Off to Trinidad tomorrow.


Suzy doesn't know how to sit still for a photo
Last sunset in paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment