Saturday, January 17, 2015

Sailing Day 6- Mayreau to Bequia

Today we left our peaceful mooring ball for the high seas back to Bequia.  After getting a little bit too much sun the last few days (even with copious sunscreen applications), I opted for a long sleeve.  Everything is starting to smell like salt and sweat!

Trying to NOT end up like that shipwreck!
Look at that keel! 
Captain Suzy and Mark
Upon arrival in Bequia, we cleaned up and went ashore for our first wifi in 5 days and a tasty beverage.  Mark wanted to buy me a nice colorful necklace but I turned him down since the price was pretty steep and soon enough we'll be in Guatemala where we'll have plenty of shopping opportunities I'm sure.  Then we saddled up to Papa's, passing through the bumping street music and dancing of an island Friday night.  After dinner, we rode the dinghy back to our boat away from home.  This part is very new to me: being out on the water at night.  The water is so black and ominous and I had to fend off my fears of sinking.  You'd think I wasn't a Pisces-born swimmer with these fears I've been trying to overcome this week!
Mark and a very polite Stumpy
Sunset in Bequia


3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I'm from St. Vincent and I'm elated that you guys are enjoying yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Jeneille! St. Vincent was beautiful! - suzy

      Delete
  2. Awww, Stumpy reminds me of our dog friend in Thailand. ;)

    ReplyDelete