Saturday, January 17, 2015

Sailing Day 3- Bequia to Tobago Cays

     Today we had a full day of sailing ahead of us down to Tobago Cays. We started off after breakfast and had huge swells tipping the boat every few seconds. It was intense and a workout when I was at the helm. About three hours in to this, I had to go below to use the head (bathroom in sailing lingo) which was a very bad idea. The sway of the cabin instantly made me more nauseous and upon return to the top, I quickly lost my breakfast over the stern. It was funny though that Mark had taken over the helm when I was down below so we joked that I can partly blame his driving skills for my seasickness.
     Soon we arrived and the beauty of this remote cay made me forget the crazy ride. We saw a turtle swim by and the most beautiful sunset yet. After taking our ASA 103 test, we bbq'd a delicious cabbage and chicken meal right off the back of the boat. 

Ed steering us expertly to Tobago Cays

The trick to a good backboat BBQ?  Lots of lighter fluid.

All smiles after the rough sailing day

No comments:

Post a Comment